If you need some extra support to find a job, the Southwark Works team of specialist employment advisers can help you.
They provide personal, confidential, one-to-one support for unemployed residents who are experiencing challenges or difficulties in securing a job. This includes:
- People affected by welfare reform
- Ex-offenders or people with criminal records
- Young people aged 18-24 in need of training or work experience
- Young people aged 18-24 who have been in Council care
- People with health related barriers
- People with a history of drug or alcohol misuse
- Young people involved in gang activity
- Families in vulnerable situations
- People over 50
- Lone parents / women returning to work
If any of the above circumstances apply, advisers can help you to create a CV, show you how to undertake effective job searching, how to complete applications, help with your interview techniques, as well as offer information and advice about training and work experience.
If you need training, they can refer you to a local provider, or you may benefit from one of their in-house workshops or courses.
Southwark Works offer a range of employability workshops, including confidence building, customer service, basic IT, CV writing and interview techniques.
They also offer access to vocational qualifications such as construction CSCS cards and Food Safety/First Aid etc. All services are fully funded by Southwark Council.
Contact address and telephone number:
Unit 239, Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre,
London, SE1 6TE
Tel: 020 7740 8200 / Freephone 0800 052 0540 or email: email@example.com
Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00am to noon and 2pm to 4pm.
To register, you will need to bring your passport or birth certificate and proof of your Southwark address.